Re: [xsl] Announcement: Dexter - XSL Transform Generation Tool

Subject: Re: [xsl] Announcement: Dexter - XSL Transform Generation Tool
From: "Alessandro Bologna" <alessandro.bologna@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 00:22:32 -0500
Michael, kudos to your work and your ideas.

I have been on a similar path for quite some time, and I honestly
think that your approach is really clever.
Maybe with time you can add some more examples, or create a full
fledged tutorial, and I am sure that this project has lots of merits
to gain interests even outside the XSLT community.

I do agree with Abel that you should try to put the "hints" attributes
in a separate namespace, it really helps the page designer if the code
is not highlited with errors everywhere, and most editors are ok with
extra sttributes as long as they are not in the xhtml namespace.

I do have a question, if you don't mind. Why did you choose to
generate the XSLT from the template in Java, instead of XSLT? After
all, that's one thing that XSLT can do well. And, is that the reason
why you avoided using a namespace for your decorators? I mean,
sometimes handling properly namespaces is quite some extra work in
Java, but not really in XSLT...

Anyway, congratulations again, great work.
Alessandro