Re: [xsl] The identity transform and attributes

Subject: Re: [xsl] The identity transform and attributes
From: "Dimitre Novatchev" <dnovatchev@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 06:11:58 -0800
> ...and we should perhaps re-learn the identity transform for 2.0 as:
>

> <xsl:template match="element()">
>   <xsl:copy>
>       <xsl:apply-templates select="@*,node()"/>
>   </xsl:copy>
> </xsl:template>
>

> <xsl:template match="attribute()|text()|comment()|processing-instruction()">
>   <xsl:copy/>
> </xsl:template>
>
> ...which might make attribute processing more intuitive for future xslt'ers.

Of course, if someone needs to process namespace nodes, the code above
would not help. In this case we need use:

   <xsl:element>
    <!-- then <xsl:copy-of> only selected namespace-nodes -->
    <!-- then (probably) placing other namespace nodes -->
    <!-- then do the rest of the processing -->
  </xsl:element>

--
Cheers,
Dimitre Novatchev