Re: [xsl] Help! How do I find elements through text contents XSLT 1.0

Subject: Re: [xsl] Help! How do I find elements through text contents XSLT 1.0
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 14:18:44 GMT
> That is, I sometimes have extra <b> and <i> tags
They would not affect the string value of the surrounding td or th, so
the code I posted should work in those cases. to cope with tbody not
being there you could use
descendant::tr[1]/*[1]
ie, the first child of the first row.

<template match="body/table">
	<xsl:choose>
		<xsl:when test="contains(.,'Keyword')">

if that's Ok that's OK (if expensive, working out the stribg value of
the whole table, and potentially unsafe unless you know that string
could not appear elsewhere (for example its a numeric table apart from
the heading)
 it works for the same reason my suggestion of using the
string value of the first child of the first tr, the string value of an
element is all its descendants text cointent.

David