Re: [xsl] manage errors and terminations, child thread of Re: [saxon] Too many attribute value templates? ++

Subject: Re: [xsl] manage errors and terminations, child thread of Re: [saxon] Too many attribute value templates? ++
From: ac <ac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2008 01:52:52 -0500
Hi,

First, I should try to better read more documentation. Thanks for the info.

Many applications manage alarms. An alarm service even seems like a natural archetype. Relying on a rich and fascinating infrastructure today (ex: XSLT, XML, J2EE, Web), "messy things" can now be better abstracted and managed (programmed) functionally, and with quite a bit of possibilities, I find.

Thank you.
Cheers,
ac

Yes, indeed. I think XSLT works best in a very closed functional world where
the output is a simple function of the input. Messy things like telling
security admins what has gone wrong are best handled in a different layer.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/