Re: [xsl] strip-spaces

Subject: Re: [xsl] strip-spaces
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2008 22:40:10 GMT
>> The page that illustrates the problem best is this one:

I don't think you've said what differences you see (a quick look they
looked the similar in FF and IE) so it's hard to give specific advice,
but just a general observation

You said the problem was in output generated a template that had:

 >>            name="span">
> >>            <xsl:attribute
> >>                name="class">c</xsl:attribute>

(which could more easily have been written <span class="c"> you only
need   xsl:element and xsl:attribute if the element names are
constructed dynamically) however the example page you quote doesnt have
a class="c" anywhere?.

The page is a mixture of xhtml and elements with local names of html
elements but in no namespace. If it was served with an xml mime tye
FF would not render the no-namespace elements, and IE doesn't understand
xhtml at all. You just get rendered result as the file is served as
text/html so the (no)namespace declarations (and xml syntax such as <br/.) are
ignored, however it may be easier to get cross platform behaviour if you
generate either xhtml (in the xhtml namespace) or html (necessarily in
no namespace)

David