RE: [xsl] [ann: debugxslt v.0.1]: a (very) experimental xslt lint checker using schematron

Subject: RE: [xsl] [ann: debugxslt v.0.1]: a (very) experimental xslt lint checker using schematron
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2008 22:59:36 -0000
> for example consider the following XSLT snippet;
>
> XSLT processor:<xsl:value-of
> select="system-property(xsl:vendor)"/> / <xsl:value-of
> select="system-property(xsl:version)"/> / <xsl:value-of
> select="system-property(xsl:vendor-url)"/>
>
> when processed in SAXON, it rightly returns an error;
>
> 'Fatal Error! java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: key can't be empty
> Cause: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: key can't be empty'

This looks like a bug. You should never get an IllegalArgumentException
(except when invoking certain API methods incorrectly). I can't reproduce
it, though. I get this:

Error on line 7 of file:/c:/temp/test.xsl:
  XPTY0004: An empty sequence is not allowed as the first argument of
system-property()

If you can reproduce this problem, please raise it as a Saxon bug (through
the proper channels, not via this list). I'm always keen to improve
diagnostics but I can only do it if people provide feedback.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/