Re: [xsl] strip-spaces

Subject: Re: [xsl] strip-spaces
From: Steven Ericsson-Zenith <steven@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2008 19:52:11 -0800
Thanks David, that's all I needed. My appreciation.

Steven

On Feb 5, 2008, at 9:56 AM, David Carlisle wrote:

1. why has the serializer placed these tags on any node (for example,
some <p> node and not others)?

means that all of foo bar and bas are in the "a" namespace. So if you generate all elements in teh same namespace the serialiser will just make a single declaration at the top.

However

 means that p is no namespace, so if you generate or
copy a no namespace element (such as p in your case) as a child in an
element the serialiser has to add xmlns=""
<foo xmlns="a">
 <bar>
  <bas>

so that p is in no-namespace in the result., However you don't want p t
be in no-namepsace you want it to be in the same namespace as its
parent, then it will be serialised as

David