Re: [xsl] to get the descendants at only one level - xpath

Subject: Re: [xsl] to get the descendants at only one level - xpath
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2008 18:16:04 GMT
> I need to select only child1, 2, 3 and not any of the childs of these.

no it just selects child1 child2 child3, depending what you do with
child3 having selected it you may see the descendents.

so for example select="/root" just selects a single element, if you call
name() on it you just get a single string "root" but if you say
<xsl:copy-of select="/root"/>
you get the whole document tree back as child nodes are properties of an
element so the copied node has copies of the same children.

perhaps ypu want
<xsl:for-each select="/*/*/*"
  <xsl:copy/>
</xsl:for-each>

note that the selection is as previously suggested, but I'm guessing how
you want to use the selected nodes (using <xsl:copy/>) you haven't shown
how you have used them or what you want to generate, so I can only guess.

David