RE: [xsl] Extracting text between nodes

Subject: RE: [xsl] Extracting text between nodes
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 15:25:29 -0000
> I don't think that the precision of xs:decimal literals in
> appendix F of F&O applies to attributes defined as xs:decimal
> in XSLT, such as priority.
> Even if it does, I'm sure I'm free to waive the limit in such cases.

I suspect no-one will lock you in jail for it ;=)

The spec says of the priority attribute "The value of this attribute must
conform to the rules for the xs:decimal type"; but the comparison rules only
talk fairly vaguely about one priority being "higher" than another.

Anyway, the rules on xs:decimal precision say the limit is
implementation-defined, and they don't say that the limit has to be the same
in all circumstances for a given implementation.

More to the point, anyone who relies on having 30 digits of precision
available deserves to be permanently disqualified from using open-source
software for the rest of their natural lives.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/