Re: [xsl] Using native XPath in IE with Javascript

Subject: Re: [xsl] Using native XPath in IE with Javascript
From: "Manfred Staudinger" <manfred.staudinger@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 17:45:56 +0100
Hi,

On 18/02/2008, Abel Braaksma <abel.online@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Using XSLT in a browser through JavaScript is usually easiest with the
> excellent open source Sarissa, which takes away the burden of little
> differences in calling XPaths directly (i.e., the function parameter for
> the namespace is at the end in FF/Op and at the beginning in IE).
Thanks for remembering me on that. I had a look on it some time ago,
but I don't use it, mainly because it requires ActiveX to be activated
in the browser. But I certainly did not know the superb documentation
"Howto", which was a great help for me to sort things out

I did not, however, solve my IE6 problems. As it seems I don't have an
XML document:
	alert(document.xml); ... undefined
	alert(document.documentElement.nodeName); ... HTML
	document.setProperty("SelectionLanguage", "XPath"); ... Object
doesn't support this property or method

Here is my checklist:
1. the browser gets an xml file from the server with application/xml
2. the PI triggers the XSLT which is served with application/xsl+xml
3. the xsl:output method="xml"

Is something missing here? Or is my diagnosis wrong?

Regards,
Manfred
http://documenta.rudolphina.org/