Re: [xsl] Timeout of external xslt document request

Subject: Re: [xsl] Timeout of external xslt document request
From: Michael Ludwig <mlu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 09:28:40 +0100
Joel Dubien schrieb:
Hello,

I'm using libxslt with php, and I am doing a document call on an rss
feed that is not hosted by my server. I am worried that there maybe a
time when the rss feed is not responding and my site will suffer with a
long loading time.

Is there anyway to change the timeout value of that document call? It is
currently taking around 60 seconds to timeout, and I would like to
reduce that to 5 seconds.

You may want to consider shifting the network part of your work to PHP, from where you can control the timeout, and dispose of more options to handle errors.

http://www.php.net/manual/en/ref.http.php
http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.http-get.php
http://www.php.net/manual/en/http.request.options.php

Find a place on the processing machine to store the file from the
network and then pass that local path as a parameter to your stylesheet.
That call won't fail. Unless you downloaded garbage.

Michael