Re: [xsl] [ERR XTSE0210] when importing a stylesheet indirectly

Subject: Re: [xsl] [ERR XTSE0210] when importing a stylesheet indirectly
From: Michael Ludwig <mlu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 10:04:55 +0100
Johannes Neubauer schrieb:

[...]

My problem ist that there might be different contexts, in which the
two stylesheet-modules are used. So there might be a stylesheet C,
using some xsl:keys of A, without importing B, because it don't needs
it directly. Stylesheet D imports only B, because it uses no key of A.

In this case I would have to keep in mind, that they depend on each
other, so that importing one of them requires to import the other,
too.

Or I have to guarantee that one of the stylesheets is never used
without the other, so that I can import the other in this stylesheet.

Maybe draw a dependency diagram and then decide how to distribute the code among your various stylesheets. You may end up having more or less stylesheets than you currently have. Lumping more code together in order to simplify things is not per se a bad thing, as factoring out code in various modules in order to modularize is not per se a good thing, I'd say. Depends on the size of your stylesheets, and your personal preferences.

Michael