Re: [xsl] [Announce] XQuery Training Event

Subject: Re: [xsl] [Announce] XQuery Training Event
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2008 13:30:36 -0500
Friends --

While I like and admire XQuery as a
specification, and I think training is almost
always a good thing, this announcement is out of
scope for XSL-List.

This is XSL-List, and XQuery is not XSL. I know
that there are quite a few people who will be
interested in both XSL and XQuery, but if we
expand the scope of XSL-List to include anything
and everything that people interested in XSL
might also be interested in, we open it to all
possible topics. This would, in very short order,
destroy XSL-List.

Please take discussion of XQuery elsewhere.

Thank you.

-- Tommie

[ANN] Dear XSL-LIST,

DataDirect Technologies is hosting a free XQuery tutorial workshop in
Chicago, Washington DC, Houston, as well as London and Amsterdam. The
XQuery covers the following topics:

* Transforming XML documents into user-defined formats
* Aggregating XML documents with relational data
* Consuming Web services in XQuery
* Exposing XQuery as data services
* Integrating with non-XML B2B standards, like EDI
* Adhering to XML industry standards, such as ACORD for insurance

During this hands-on workshop we will be writing, testing and
deploying a real XML and XQuery-based application. To register for
this event, visit: http://www.xquery.com/events/xq-workshop.html

Dates & Location Information

TUESDAY, APRIL 1, CHICAGO (1 - 4 PM)
W Chicago LakeShore
644 North Lake Shore Drive
Chicago, Illinois 60611-3017
Phone: (312) 943-9200

THURSDAY, APRIL 3, DC (1 - 4 PM)
Marriott Fairview Park
3111 Fairview Park Dr
Falls Church, VA 22042
703-849-9400

THURSDAY, APRIL 17, HOUSTON (1 - 4 PM)
Omni Houston Hotel
Four Riverway
Houston, Texas 77056
Phone: (713) 871-8181

TUESDAY, MAY 20, LONDON (9 AM - 2 PM)
Dalm Universe
County Hall Gallery
Riverside Building, County Hall
London SE1 7PB
Phone: 0870 744 7485

THURSDAY, MAY 22, AMSTERDAM (9 AM - 2 PM)
Plaza Park Hotel
Damrak 1-5
Amsterdam, Netherlands 1012 LG
Phone: 011-31-2062-34255

Sincerely,

The DataDirect XML Team
http://www.xquery.com
http://www.xmlconverters.com

B. Tommie Usdin                        mailto:btusdin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Mulberry Technologies: A Consultancy Specializing in XML and SGML