Re: [xsl] Slow XSLT

Subject: Re: [xsl] Slow XSLT
From: "Manfred Staudinger" <manfred.staudinger@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2008 20:37:14 +0100
Hi Cleyton,

>  I have now tested your suggestion against my old xlst
>  code and I have to confess that I was very impressed
>  with your solution!!
Thanks.

>  I would like to send to you this xml and the
>  javascript test harness
Yes, I'm interested in trying that.

>  Do you know any online tutorial, book or any other
>  training where they teache this technique you showed
- read the posts on this list, for example David Carlisle on
tail-recursion today
- Check http://www.dpawson.co.uk/xsl/sect2/sect21.html
- You may google for xslt recursive
- see Michael Kay:
   http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/xml/library/x-xslt/
- see Elliotte Rusty Harold, also cited resources there:
   http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/xml/library/x-tiploop.html

>  I have read some books the best of them maybe was XSLT
>  1.0 by Michael Kay.
I have his XSLT 2.0 and his XPath 2.0 and even you may be interested
mostly in XSLT 1.0 at the moment, I would recommend to learn those
version 2.0 languages in parallel to version 1.0.

>  Your XSLT solution
>  The transfomation took between 0.20 and 0.38 seconds
>
>  Wow, this is fast.
Glad it works!

Manfred