RE: [xsl] Execute Stylesheet

Subject: RE: [xsl] Execute Stylesheet
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2008 19:46:15 -0000
> My question is how do I actually run this stylesheet?  I am
> used to running a stylesheet against an xml file but I am at
> a loss as to how to execute this one against the text file?
> Can I run it from within Oxygen or do I need to run it with a
> command line?

You can do either.

I would change the argument to unparsed-text() to
"file:///c:/comma_delimited.txt". The spec requires a URI here, not a
Windows filename. Some environments might let you get away with the
filename, but it all depends on your configuration.

I would also, as Colin suggests, add name="entry" to your initial template
so you don't have to supply a dummy source file. But keep the match="/" as
well for the time being if you ever want to run it with Altova, which
doesn't yet support entry at a named template.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/