RE: [xsl] push-pull

Subject: RE: [xsl] push-pull
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 09:16:19 -0000
> What is the best way for an xslt2 template declared like
> this, for example:
> <xsl:template name="pull" match="*" mode="push">...
> to know or recognize when it is pulled or pushed.
> (called by name or invoked by match and mode)?

I don't think you can.

I've never been convinced it's a good idea to have such templates: it's hard
to make sure that the entry conditions are the same whether it is invoked by
apply or by call. In particular, when you are writing a match template it
should be possible to assume that the context item matches the pattern, and
allowing entry by name makes this assumption invalid.

Michael Kay