Re: [xsl] XPath 2.0 Best Practice: wrap the first node of every path expression within schema-element?

Subject: Re: [xsl] XPath 2.0 Best Practice: wrap the first node of every path expression within schema-element?
From: Florent Georges <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 10:35:08 +0100 (CET)
Martin Honnen wrote:

  Hi

>    <xsl:template match="/schema-element(Book)">
>      <xsl:text>matching on schema type: </xsl:text>
>      <xsl:value-of select="(Author/LastName, Author/Foo,
> Author/LastNam,
> Author/Firstname)"/>
>    </xsl:template>

> [...]

> so it applies the template matching on schema-element(Book)
> but it does not give any warnings on Author/Foo, Author/LastNam,
> Author/Firstname.

  The mispellings are not on direct childs of the element you used
schema-element on.  Maybe they only implemented simpler checks: only on
direct childs, and maybe only when schema-element appears within the
XPath expression itself.

  If I remember correctly, Altova doesn't respond to questions if you
didn't get a support contract (they won't even listen to your
comments.)  So we can only guess here, and say that if the following
XPath expression doesn't emit any warning, then this processor most
probably doesn't implement any static type analysis:

    <xsl:template match="/">
       <xsl:value-of select="schema-element(Book)/Foo"/>
    </xsl:template>

  Regards,

--drkm

Envoyez avec Yahoo! Mail. Capaciti de stockage illimitie pour vos emails. http://mail.yahoo.fr