Re: [xsl] Mapping via intermediate XML file problem

Subject: Re: [xsl] Mapping via intermediate XML file problem
From: Wendell Piez <wapiez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2008 10:37:36 -0400
Lech,

Since you are using XSLT 2.0, you can fall back to the actual name in the same XPath you use to look up a new name:

<xsl:element name="{($maps[@old = local-name(current())]/@new),local-name())[1]}">

This uses the idiom ($a, $b)[1] whereby the first item in $b is used when $a is empty.

If you want to generate a warning message, this is done easily with a conditional:

<xsl:if test="empty($maps[@old = local-name(current())]/@new)">
  ... generate your message ...
</xsl:if>

(A stricter test would check if your mapped name were a valid Qname, just in case.)

I hope this helps,
Wendell