Re: [xsl] XSL 2.0 - value-of - xml:space="preserve"

Subject: Re: [xsl] XSL 2.0 - value-of - xml:space="preserve"
From: Eliot Kimber <ekimber@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2008 22:24:21 -0500
Eliot Kimber wrote:
Robert Koberg wrote:
On Fri, 2008-04-04 at 10:50 +0800, Michael Kay wrote:
Yes, this is expected. With xml:space="preserve", whitespace
text nodes appearing in a sequence constructor are significant
and are copied to the output, as if they were enclosed in
xsl:text.
There is no whitespace between the '=<xsl:value-of/>;' (and I
specified separator="")
Yes, but there is whitespace between the start tag <script> and the
start tag <xsl:variable>. I'm not certain, but I suspect that's
your problem.

OK. I see what you are getting at, but it seems like a bug.

Why would whitespace affect something that has no whitespace around
it? (especially when specifying separator="" ?) I am guessing, but it
seems like some ContentHandler type-thing is automatically inserting
the first set of whitespace for ever XSL element ??

Try generating the preserve-space with an attribute instruction:

<xsl:attribute name="xml:preserve-space" select="'preserve'"/>

Ooops, name="xml:space"

Cheers,

Eliot

--