Re: [xsl] Problem with iterating through a sequence of integers

Subject: Re: [xsl] Problem with iterating through a sequence of integers
From: "Andrew Welch" <andrew.j.welch@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 21:51:58 +0100
On 28/04/2008, Costello, Roger L. <costello@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>  > Why would you want to have a test of . instance of node()
>  > in a context where it can be statically determined that .
>  > is not a node?
>

> I am using the xsl:choose statement with varied XPath expressions in
>  the for-loop, e.g.
>

>     <xsl:for-each select="//Book/Author">
>
>        -- the xsl:choose statement --
>     </xsl:for-each>
>
>  I want the choose statement to work regardless of whether the
>  for-loop's XPath expression contains nodes or atomic values.
>
>  Any suggestions on how to solve this?

It seems an odd requirement (I've never needed to process a sequence
in this way) - maybe you could define the requirements a little more
fully?

Alternatively - if you are going to process nodes as strings anyway -
convert them to an atomic value when you create the sequence:

(//Book/Author/xs:string(.), 1, 2, 3)

--
Andrew Welch
http://andrewjwelch.com