[xsl] Re: Working with Collections

Subject: [xsl] Re: Working with Collections
From: "Craig Branham" <ccbranham@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 04:19:04 -0700
Hello, Michael Kay. Thanks for your note:

I think you need to
explain why you feel you need to do this. You say "I need to be able to
traverse the entire collection" but that doesn't appear to justify doing it
this way.

What transformation are you actually trying to perform?

The transformation I'm trying to perform creates a series of groups from the source document based on different criteria and does lookups. It provides the results as a set of tables in the output document. Using the <xsl:for-each/> approach creates repeated sets of results, one for each input document. I also tried:

<xsl:apply-templates select="collection('collection.xml')/yourcontent"/>

This led to the same output, where I got the combined results once for each document in the collection, which seems strange.

Does this make sense?

Craig B.