Re: [xsl] xsl:element start/end tags when need to recurse

Subject: Re: [xsl] xsl:element start/end tags when need to recurse
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 00:35:07 +0100
> <!-- CANNOT USE BUT  I DON'T KNOW ALTERNATIVE -->
you can (and should) use xsl:call-template here, your error is that you
have a match attribute on your call-template (which is always an error)

other comments

>  <xsl:when test="contains($currAddress,'|') and ($currAddress !='' ">

If the string contains | then it can't be empty so this is the same as

 <xsl:when test="contains($currAddress,'|')">

>         <xsl:element name="a_item">
>         <xsl:element name="a_group">
>                 <xsl:attribute name="value">addition</xsl:attribute>
personally I'd write that as
  <a_item>
  <a_ group value="addition">
as it's easier to read, but the xsl:element form is equivalent if you
prefer that style.

> match="//rules/a">
starting a match pattern with // doesn't do anything. (in some cases it
changes the default priority, but here it does nothing at all)
it's equivalent to
math="rules/a"

>                        <xsl:with-param name="" select="$currAddress/>
you can't have a param with no name.

David