Re: [xsl] Problem with iterating through a sequence of integers

Subject: Re: [xsl] Problem with iterating through a sequence of integers
From: Florent Georges <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 11:54:50 +0200 (CEST)
Michael Kay wrote:

> >   On the other hand, maybe a way to tell the processor to
> > deactivate static error checks at one place (because we know
> > the generated code there is correct even if it can look
> > suspicious) would be interesting.

> This is what "treat as" is designed for.

  Yes, it can help to solve the generation of errors while static
analysis.  I have a simple example it doesn't solve (I know this is a
sample different from the initial context of this thread), inspired
from Schematron implementation:

    (@* treat as node())/*

  This leads into a warning with Saxon telling that "The child axis
starting at an attribute node will never select anything."  That is
true.  But when the stylesheet is generated from a meta-stylesheet
(that contains the XPath expressions.)  On the other hand I wouldn't
want to introduce 'treat as' here to detect wrong expressions like '42'
(and in this case there are other techniques.)

  Anyway, the hint is interesting, thanks.

  Regards,

--drkm