Re: [xsl] xsltproc/LibXSLT - non-compliance?

Subject: Re: [xsl] xsltproc/LibXSLT - non-compliance?
From: Michael Ludwig <mlu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 01 May 2008 11:59:19 +0200
Liam Quin schrieb:
On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 02:56:09PM +0200, Manfred Staudinger wrote:
What I posted in a parallel thread
may well turn out to be such a non-conformance.

Please report it on the gnom xml list for libxml/libxslt, or using bugzilla, if it's a bug.

I'll take care of that.

I don't think that libxslt is particularly more or less strictly
conformant to the spec than other implementations I've tried.

I found an issue the other day and reported it as a bug.

I've yet to see a piece of software that's perfect; the questions to
ask are, is it good enough to use, and if I report bugs, do they get

I'm happy with LibXSLT. I think it's much more than good enough to use. I could never do anything like that. It's very fast. Although I've found that depending on algorithm and input size (contrived examples, however), Saxon 9 may be significantly faster.

Anyway, for Perl, Python and PHP, there is only LibXSLT and Sablotron.
And maybe Xalan-C++.

As to bug reports and bugfixes, we'll see.

Michael Ludwig