Re: [xsl] Re: Output validation with XSLT 2.0

Subject: Re: [xsl] Re: Output validation with XSLT 2.0
From: "Dimitre Novatchev" <dnovatchev@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 4 May 2008 08:29:33 -0700
> >  >  > Just read the relevant W3 Specs and any good XSLT book.
> >
> >  You could reply with that to any question...
> >
>  not really, the relevant W3 specs are not meant to be read by users
> of the language but implementors.

While user-friendliness is often not a goal, no such specification
forbids anyone from reading it, and users with a grain of curiosity
usually do.

Shouldn't users report bugs? How can we report a bug in an
implementation, without having read the spec?

And what if there are two good books that say different things about a
feature? Isn't then the spec the "true source" to be used in resolving
any such ambiguities?

--
Cheers,
Dimitre Novatchev