Re: [xsl] Re: Output validation with XSLT 2.0

Subject: Re: [xsl] Re: Output validation with XSLT 2.0
From: "Dimitre Novatchev" <dnovatchev@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 May 2008 05:24:12 -0700
On Mon, May 5, 2008 at 4:02 AM, Liam Quin <liam@xxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sun, May 04, 2008 at 08:29:33AM -0700, Dimitre Novatchev wrote:
> > And what if there are two good books that say different things about a
> > feature? Isn't then the spec the "true source" to be used in resolving
> > any such ambiguities?
>
> Not always -- you have to compare what implementations actually do in
> such cases; sometimes the best anser is to change the specification to
> reflect actual implementations.

We are *not* comparing worms and apples here.
By "resolving ambiguities" of two different implementations of a
feature I mean deciding which of them is compliant and which not
(wasn't this clear?).

Even if in a particular case the answer is that both implementations
are not compliant, the base for giving such an answer still will be
the spec that the implementations implement.

--
Cheers,
Dimitre Novatchev

--