Re: [xsl] function-available returns false

Subject: Re: [xsl] function-available returns false
From: "Manfred Staudinger" <manfred.staudinger@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 May 2008 22:29:21 +0200
On 06/05/2008, Michael M|ller-Hillebrand <mmh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Am 06.05.2008 um 18:27 schrieb Manfred Staudinger:
>

> > Yes. I've rewritten the main part to be more explicit and at the same
time
> stay
> > compact. Hopefully you like it!
> >

>  Yes, it gives a good idea what is implemented and what is missing.
>
>  Without looking at the code, I wonder of this abbreviated output from
> Safari 3.1.1 (it uses the "WebKit" engine) could be true:
>
>  Processor implements XSLT 1.0.0, Vendor: libxslt at
> http://xmlsoft.org/XSLT/
>
>  2. xslt top-level-elements (13 in total), element-available() returns 11x
> false [1]
>    * xsl:decimal-format - true
>    * xsl:param - true
>
>  I guess that without xsl:template nothing would work...

I noticed that when I checked with libxslt. According to the specs,
element-available() should return false() for all top-level elements.
Saxon 6.5.5 does this as does libxslt (Webkit), but for some reason
libxslt makes an exeption for xsl:decimal-format and xsl:param. (see
also Notes [1] and [3] on my output page).

Manfred