[xsl] Problem with Age Calculation

Subject: [xsl] Problem with Age Calculation
From: ilango <ilangocal@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 May 2008 19:26:06 -0700 (PDT)
Hi
I am using Saxon 9.0.0.4 with XSLT 2.0 and XPATH 2.0. This is my first post.
I am using the following XPATH expression in an XForm. This is not an XForm question.It is about the XPath in the XForm.

<xforms:bind nodeset="instance('taskoutput')/fe:age" type="xs:integer" calculate="if((instance('taskoutput')/fe:dob) castable as xs:date) then (current-date() - xs:date(instance('taskoutput')/fe:dob)) div xdt:dayTimeDuration('P1D')
								idiv 365.242199
						* xdt:yearMonthDuration('P1Y') else()"/>

I am not familiar with XPath date functions and I am finding it hard to get the age from this expression.
It returns me something P33Y or something for a certain input DOB.

What can I do to get the age of a person in years and months. I am ok with  not having to account for leap years or small problems at the boundaries.

All help is appreciated.

thanks
ilango

Be a better friend, newshound, and