[xsl] XSL in the AJAX world

Subject: [xsl] XSL in the AJAX world
From: Andrew Shooner <ashooner@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 11:19:18 -0400
This is not a technical question, much broader.

I develop websites using the XSLT-based Symphony CMS, and another user shared a comment he received that XML/XSLT was 'so 1990's'. It was suggested to him to move on to JSON-based languages/technology. My response was that it has to end up as XML in the end, so there is at least some use for it.

So my question is, are there many AJAX developers on this list, and if so, how frequently, and in what capacity, do you use XSL in building or customizing AJAX web applications?