Re: [xsl] XSL in the AJAX world

Subject: Re: [xsl] XSL in the AJAX world
From: "Nick Fitzsimons" <nick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 16:36:38 +0100 (BST)
On Tue, May 13, 2008 4:19 pm, Andrew Shooner wrote:
> I develop websites using the XSLT-based Symphony CMS, and another user
> shared a comment he received that XML/XSLT was 'so 1990's'. It was
> suggested to him to move on to JSON-based languages/technology. My
> response was that it has to end up as XML in the end, so there is at
> least some use for it.
>
> So my question is, are there many AJAX developers on this list, and if
> so, how frequently, and in what capacity, do you use XSL in building or
> customizing AJAX web applications?

I use XSLT to allow the same content to be served as either XML, HTML or
JSON according to the client device's preference. Most JSON APIs offer
similar choices; how many use XSLT to achieve this goal is a different
question, but to my mind it's a perfect application of the technology.

Regards,

Nick.
--
Nick Fitzsimons