[xsl] About xsl-fo features when printing same layout to different page sizes

Subject: [xsl] About xsl-fo features when printing same layout to different page sizes
From: "Dominguez, Curro, VF-ES (fdoming4)" <francisco-javier.dominguez1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 08:50:06 +0200
Hi Wendell,

Your answer really helps me to understand xsl-fo capabilities.

To check if I understood well,

1. There is no way (at least not easy or inmediate way) to flow text into a
box of x/y dimensions, and fit some text in that box, dropping the rest (I
don4t need to fit all the text).
2. If I have different sizes (size1, size2), I'll always need different xsl.
The relationship beetween the different xsl will be more complicated than just
resizing the block areas, page size and margins. (How much more?)

I really want to take advantage of the multicolumn, intelligent paragraph
layout, etc... that xsl-fo provides and this is not available in other
interactive layout applications (xhtml browsers).

Thank you again.

Curro

Confidencialidad
Este correo electrsnico y, en su caso, cualquier fichero anexo al mismo,
contiene informacisn de caracter confidencial exclusivamente dirigida a su
destinatario o destinatarios y propiedad de Vodafone Espaqa. Queda prohibida
su divulgacisn, copia o distribucisn a terceros sin la previa autorizacisn
escrita de Vodafone Espaqa, en virtud de la legislacisn vigente. En el caso de
haber recibido este correo electrsnico por error, se ruega notificar
inmediatamente esta circunstancia mediante reenvmo a la direccisn electrsnica
del remitente y la destruccisn del mismo.

Confidentiality
The information in this e-mail and in any attachments is classified as
Vodafone Espaqa Confidential and Proprietary Information and solely for the
attention and use of the named addressee(s). You are hereby notified that any
dissemination, distribution or copy of this communication is prohibited
without the prior written consent of Vodafone Espaqa and is s strictly
prohibited by law. If you have received this communication in error, please,
notify the sender by reply e-mail.