[xsl] Re: How to merge two elements and transform them into a table

Subject: [xsl] Re: How to merge two elements and transform them into a table
From: "Erik Vullings" <erik.vullings@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 17 May 2008 09:09:51 +0200
Hi,

I am trying to convert movie details (from http://www.movie-xml.com)
into a nice HTML page. That works quite well, except for the actor
name/role part, which is in two separate nodes for all actors and
roles - see the Actors and ActorsRole node below:
<Items>
    <Item>
        <SeriesName>101 Dalmatians</SeriesName>
        <Actors>|Glenn Close|Jeff Daniels|Joely Richardson|Joan
Plowright|Hugh Laurie|Mark Williams|John Shrapnel|</Actors>
        <Actorsrole>|Cruella De
Vil|Roger|Anita|Nanny|Jasper|Horace|Skinner|</Actorsrole>
        <Tagline>So many dogs. So little time.</Tagline>
    </Item>
</Items>

What I would like to obtain is something like the following (in a HTML
table - please also note that the '|' should be removed):
Glenn Close       Cruella De Vil
Jeff Daniels        Roger
etc.

I'm quite new to XSLT, and couldn't find anything useful using Google,
so can it be done using XSLT (preferably v1.0)? Any help would be much
appreciated!

Cheers
Erik