Re: [xsl] XSLT functions for JSON

Subject: Re: [xsl] XSLT functions for JSON
From: "James Fuller" <james.fuller.2007@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 06:57:31 +0200
using JSON's serialization format for javascript objects, as a generic
approach to marshalling data over the wire is probably ok ...  though
I see the decision to use JSON as an exercise in late optimization. I
have yet to employ this optimization in any production.

I know that javascript is everywhere and is part of the web and people
use it and thusly want to use things like JSON ... but comparing (not
saying this thread is doing this) it to XML is 'apples' and
'airplanes' ... also there is no reason why the OP can't write their
own extension function.

I am not against JSON ... I like little domain text based languages
(cue perl, sed, awk, ack) but we live in a world where the web is
mostly markup; XML is effectively HTML's brother and they share an
enormous toolbase ('view source' anyone) and heritage which must be
compelling at many levels.

cheers, Jim Fuller