Re: [xsl] Sort XML based on Tokenized String of sort by fields

Subject: Re: [xsl] Sort XML based on Tokenized String of sort by fields
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2008 09:25:25 +0100
> <xsl:sort select="string-join($ORDER_BY_TOKEN,',')"/>
>
> do the job replacing ',' by some other separator if there is any
> possibility of , appearing in any of the fields.

You should do what I meant here, not what I wrote, unfortunately there
is not much correlation between the two, so I'll rephrase.

If you are doing it in one pass, then you want

<xsl:sort
  select="string-join(for $i in $ORDER_BY_TOKEN return *[local-name()=$i],',')"/>

If you are generating a stylesheet you want

<xsl:element name="xsl:sort"
  select="concat('string-join((',  $ORDER_BY,  ')'','')')"/>

David