RE: [xsl] How transform PDF to XSL-FO

Subject: RE: [xsl] How transform PDF to XSL-FO
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2008 10:29:37 +0100
Converting PDF to something more structured is rather like an OCR process -
you have to look for patterns and try to make sense of them. Whether it's
feasible or not depends very much on the nature of the PDF (how much
structure has been retained). There are tools for reverse-engineering
documents from PDF but personally I haven't had much joy with them: I've
generally found that printing onto paper and then OCR-scanning back in works
better.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/