Re: [xsl] Sort XML based on Tokenized String of sort by fields

Subject: Re: [xsl] Sort XML based on Tokenized String of sort by fields
From: "Rebecca Sapir" <rsapir@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 11:25:03 -0400
This worked great... I was able to generate the stylesheet and apply it in two
passes.

I would rather execute it in one call but I can't seem to find a good usage
example for the saxon:transform?

And when I try to surround my generated output with a variable tag, it doesn't
seem to work. My variable is empty.

Any more guidance and/or resources on this would be very helpful.

Thanks,

- Rebecca

>The way to do this in xslt is to generate a stylesheet, you do it in two
>passes, first generaate a stylesheet then execute it you can do that in
>one call to saxon, if you wish with the saxon-transform extension, which
>means that the generated stylesheet can just be ina variable and never
>actually serialised.

><xsl:element name="xsl:for-each>
><xsl:attribute name="select" select="'*'"/>
><xsl:for-each select="$ORDER_BY_TOKEN">
>  <xsl:element name="xsl:sort">
>     <xsl:attribute name="select" select="."/>
>  </xsl:element>

Merlin Securities - #1 Prime Broker North America and #1 Prime Broker Single
Strategy Funds - Global Custodian 2007
#1 Prime Broker for Hedge Funds under $1 Billion - Alpha Survey 2007

This message contains information from Merlin Securities, LLC, or from one of
its affiliates, that may be confidential and privileged. If you are not an
intended recipient, please refrain from any disclosure, copying, distribution
or use of this information and note that such actions are prohibited. If you
have received this transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately
by telephone or by replying to this transmission.

Merlin Securities, LLC is a registered broker-dealer. Services offered through
Merlin Securities, LLC are not insured by the FDIC or any other Federal
Government Agency, are not deposits of or guaranteed by Merlin Securities, LLC
and may lose value. Nothing in this communication shall constitute a
solicitation or recommendation to buy or sell a particular security.