Re: [xsl] Check the last character (XSLT V 2.0)

Subject: Re: [xsl] Check the last character (XSLT V 2.0)
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 09:27:18 +0100
> I am using a customer DTD, in which all the entity definitions are expanded
> to their corresponding Unicode values as above.

No. If it was expanded to unicode (which is the usual thing) then the
definition would be a single character, in the case of &quest; you could
just define it to be "?" or equivalently "&#x3f;" for example. You are
defining it to be a sequence of 9 characters [#x0003F] which is
inefficient and inconvenient and just weird. As has been pointed out to
you before there are several places where you can get more normal
definitions for these entities, eg http://www.w3.org/2003/entities.

David