RE: [xsl] value-of select - then multiply

Subject: RE: [xsl] value-of select - then multiply
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 22:05:58 +0100
> how could i do something like this
>
> <xsl:attribute name="translation">
> <xsl:value-of select="Work_Location_longitude (position() -1) * 15
> "/><!-- problem here -->
> <xsl:text> 3 </xsl:text>
> <xsl:value-of select="Work_Year div 10 +0.2"/> </xsl:attribute>
>
> I realise this second fragment is incorrect.
>
>  I want to get the Work_Location_longitude value, and add an
> offset value to this if there is more than one record with
> the same Work_Location_longitude value.

I'm sorry, but I can't work out from either your incorrect code or from your
prose description what you are actually trying to do. It would help to see
some input data, and your desired output. Also, since position() comes into
it, we need to know the dynamic context at the point where you execute this
code.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/