[xsl] The Prince and The Current State of XSLT 2.0 Adoption

Subject: [xsl] The Prince and The Current State of XSLT 2.0 Adoption
From: "Ronnie Royston" <rhroyston@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2008 12:03:36 -0500
"It should be borne in mind that there is nothing more difficult to
handle, more doubtful of success, and more dangerous to implement than
initiating change.  Innovation makes enemies of all those who
prospered under the old regime and only lukewarm support is
forthcoming from those who would prosper under the new.  Their support
is indifferent partly from fear and partly because men are generally
incredulous, never really trusting new things unless they have tested
them by experience."

Machiavelli, The Prince, 1513

I am so proud of what I am about to deliver to my co-workers (a scope
of work with the click of a button) and it's made possible by XSLT
(Saxon) and the help of this group.  You guys blazed the trail, I'm
just lucky to find myself en route to glory (and maybe a pay raise?).

If you think that passage above is cool, check out Machiavelli's short
intro to the book -
http://www.gutenberg.org/files/1232/1232-h/1232-h.htm#2H_4_0006

...back to my coffee and notepad.

- Ronnie Royston