[xsl] the future of xslt

Subject: [xsl] the future of xslt
From: "James Fuller" <james.fuller.2007@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2008 21:06:41 +0200
does anyone else find these graphs interesting?

http://www.google.com/trends?q=xslt&ctab=0&geo=all&date=all&sort=0

(I knew I lived in the czech republic for some reason)

anyhow, its interesting to see that jquery sometime late 2007 surpassed xslt

http://www.google.com/trends?q=xslt%2C+jquery&ctab=0&geo=all&date=all&sort=0

xslt versus xquery shows that xquery is either so easy to learn that
no one needs to use google, or there is a lack of xquery content

http://www.google.com/trends?q=xslt%2C+xquery&ctab=0&geo=all&date=all&sort=0

and just to see xslt in context with general web programming languages

http://www.google.com/trends?q=xslt%2C+ruby%2C+php%2C+perl&ctab=0&geo=all&date=all&sort=0

OT: whats eating into php these days ... adding up python and ruby
doesn't seem to account for decline in searches

Do any of these trends indicate anything with respect to peaking XSLT
adoption ?  ... considering these numbers I wonder if XSLT 2.0
adoption will be a very slow burn ?

cheers, jim