Re: [xsl] the future of xslt

Subject: Re: [xsl] the future of xslt
From: Tony Graham <Tony.Graham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2008 14:34:03 +0100
On Sun, Jun 22 2008 10:28:47 +0100, james.fuller.2007@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> I do have a 'point' ... I am trying to gather adhoc and statistically
> relevant material on putting some % on the likeliness of any of the
> following occurring;
>
> * will XSLT 2.0 experience significant adoption ? what about xslt 2.0
> in the browser ?
> * XSLT on other devices e.g. hardware, mobile platforms
> * will adoption flow from XSLT 1.0 to XSLT 2.0 or ... XSLT 1.0 to XQuery ?
> * will we have XSLT 3.0

As a data point rather than a statistic, the libxslt (xsltproc) XSLT
processor is edging closer to the point of starting a XSLT 2.0 version
[1].  Even discussing a 2.0 version would be passC) if XSLT 2.0 itself
was heading towards becoming passC).

Regards,

Tony Graham                         Tony.Graham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Director                                  W3C XSL FO SG Invited Expert
Menteith Consulting Ltd
XML, XSL and XSLT consulting, programming and training
Registered in Ireland - No. 428599   http://www.menteithconsulting.com
xmlroff XSL Formatter                               http://xmlroff.org
xslide Emacs mode                  http://www.menteith.com/wiki/xslide
Unicode: A Primer                               urn:isbn:0-7645-4625-2

[1] http://mail.gnome.org/archives/xslt/2008-June/msg00009.html