Re: [xsl] the future of xslt

Subject: Re: [xsl] the future of xslt
From: Tony Graham <Tony.Graham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 12:48:09 +0100
On Mon, Jun 23 2008 11:40:46 +0100, nferrier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Maybe we could use gcj to make Mike's xslt 2.0 implementation widely
> available to other programming languages.

I was looking at that the other day as an alternative to needing a
libxslt 2.0.

It should be doable, especially since Saxon on .Net gets there thanks to
GNU Classpath [1].

Usually when I search for gcj and Saxon (I have looked into it before),
I find references to compiling Saxon 6.5, but this time I found a
mention of compiling Saxon 9.

I was sceptical before, but maybe a gcj-compiled Saxon with a Compiled
Native Interface (CNI) [3] would fly.

Regards,

Tony Graham                         Tony.Graham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Director                                  W3C XSL FO SG Invited Expert
Menteith Consulting Ltd
XML, XSL and XSLT consulting, programming and training
Registered in Ireland - No. 428599   http://www.menteithconsulting.com
xmlroff XSL Formatter                               http://xmlroff.org
xslide Emacs mode                  http://www.menteith.com/wiki/xslide
Unicode: A Primer                               urn:isbn:0-7645-4625-2

[1] http://www.saxonica.com/documentation/index/installationdotnet.html
[2] http://markmail.org/message/ilphyulmtc6gqabs
[3] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GNU_Compiler_for_Java#CNI_.28Compiled_Native_Interface.29