RE: [xsl] XML to PDF (XSL:FO)

Subject: RE: [xsl] XML to PDF (XSL:FO)
From: "Pankaj Chaturvedi" <pankaj.chaturvedi@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 18:52:07 +0530
Eliot Kimber wrote:

For automating higher typographic quality, the Typefi product (an InDesign
plug in) offers excellent value, although it's initial cost is high (on the
order 50K USD). Likewise, you can do significant automation with Arbortext
Advanced Publisher (3B2) and XyVision XPP, but at a similar or greater cost
than Typefi.

I've been using the 3B2 (now APP)from many years and I liked the way it
handles/support the XML and its feature along with the Perl and 3B2 scripts
(I know that you keep on contributing to the 3B2 group). I had an
opportunity to see Typefi presentation few years back at Amsterdam but never
had my hand on XPP.