Re: AW: [xsl] XML to PDF (XSL:FO)

Subject: Re: AW: [xsl] XML to PDF (XSL:FO)
From: B Tommie Usdin <btusdin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 17:13:56 -0400
... aren't FO specific questions like asking
XHTML specific questions, eg "how do I put text alongside the
image"... which is why we don't see many on here as there are more
specific FO lists.

The two don't really belong on the same list ...

If you choose to take your FO questions elsewhere you are welcome to do so. But please do not discourage others from asking them here; there are in scope and welcome.

It could as easily, and inappropriately, be argued that since XSL-List grew out of DSSSList that XSLT should be discussed elsewhere and this list should be dedicated to XSL-FO only.

The tendency of people to focus on the portion of something (most obviously a specification) that they are interested in and to declare the rest unnecessary is fascinating. I have heard, at one time or another, virtually every feature of XML declared unnecessary because 90% of the users don't need it.

-- Tommie

B. Tommie Usdin                        mailto:btusdin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Mulberry Technologies: A Consultancy Specializing in XML and SGML