RE: [xsl] LINQ to XML versus XSLT

Subject: RE: [xsl] LINQ to XML versus XSLT
From: "Houghton,Andrew" <houghtoa@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2008 10:05:02 -0400

It is a mischaracterization of LINQ to say it's just an API for processing XML
using Microsoft technologies.  LINQ in a generic data access layer, similar in
respects to JDBC in the Java world, but LINQ encompasses multiple technologies
such as JDBC, ODBC, XML, in memory objects, etc.  It a single interface or
paradigm to multiple data acesss technologies.  However, using LINQ to acesss
XML documents is analogous to using XQuery on the XML document and LINQ to XML
would be more appropriately compared to the XQJ specification in the Java
world.

Andy.