Re: [xsl] LINQ to XML versus XSLT

Subject: Re: [xsl] LINQ to XML versus XSLT
From: "James A. Robinson" <jim.robinson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2008 13:40:53 -0700
> Not clear how you are using URI #fragments, but be aware that the user agent does not send those to the server.  So your XSLT that is responding to the request will never see them.

Yes, in this case it's a server side XSLT talking to itself, for all
intents and purposes.  When dealing with many XSLT templates running in
an environment where we want to cache things, one thing we have tried is
using a combination of fn:doc-available/fn:doc and xsl:result-document
to load/store cached representations of the final output (there's a need
to be very careful about the order of evaluation of course), but what it
amounts to is checking the cache for a valid response and then building
and storing the response if there wasn't a cached version available.

Jim

James A. Robinson                       jim.robinson@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Stanford University HighWire Press      http://highwire.stanford.edu/
+1 650 7237294 (Work)                   +1 650 7259335 (Fax)