Re: [xsl] Re: OOXML

Subject: Re: [xsl] Re: OOXML
From: Deborah Pickett <debbiep-list-xsl@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2008 20:14:20 +1000
bryan rasmussen wrote:
I think that sometimes the default template rules are
counter-productive.  It would be nice to be able to turn them off, which I
suppose you can do, verbosely, in XSLT 2.0 now that there is mode="#all" for
templates.
I'm probably misunderstanding you here, by turning off the default
template rules do you mean how in XSL-T 1.0 you might do:
<xsl:template match="*"/>

That's what I mean. Though I would probably want to throw an exception in the template rather than just have it do a no-op. At least in the context of this thread, which is, to be fair, all about doing things in XSLT that it probably shouldn't be doing.

Your example template will work for the default mode. You'd have to do the same for every other mode that your stylesheet uses, too. At least in XSLT 2.0 you can do it with just one template. That's what I meant. Still possible in XSLT 1.0, but even more verbosely.