Re: [xsl] Validation XSLT using XSLT 1.0

Subject: Re: [xsl] Validation XSLT using XSLT 1.0
From: "Andrew Welch" <andrew.j.welch@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2008 14:47:23 +0100
>> The latest oddity I've come across with namespaces is where a client
>> uses purl.org eg the namespace used in the XML is:
>
>> http://www.purl.org/companyML/1.0/
>
>> Apparently the reason for this is so they can put the schema for
>> markup wherever they like, and just update where the purl points
>> to....(!)
>
>  That sounds weird to me for two reasons: 1/ namespace URIs doesn't
> have anything to do with resource location and 2/ for that purpose
> using purl.org doesn't change anything regarding to any other URI
> mapping, does it?

I think it was based on the misconception that the schema for the
markup should exist at the namespace url...

The problem is, once something like that gets established, it's very
hard to change down the line.

To avoid any confusion we could use package style names eg
com.mycomp.product.whatever instead of
http://mycomp.com/product/whatever

--
Andrew Welch