Re: Re: RE: [xsl] Best Practice - collection() function

Subject: Re: Re: RE: [xsl] Best Practice - collection() function
From: <philip.vallone@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 2008 07:41:47 -0500 (CDT)
Hi Andrew,

Thanks for the help. I think the question sounds odd because I may have not been clear. You say they [keys] are built once per input document; by input document, do you mean supplied input file or each document in the collection()? I ask so I get a better understanding of whats going on when I use the collection() function and Keys. Right now, it works great and all my documents (e.g. tables, xref) are indexed.

As for your suggestion using "saxon:discard-document:" - I applied this during some test last week but didn't see much of a difference in memory usage. However it was not a controlled environment. I will do some more test.

Thanks,