[xsl] OpenOffice 3.X probably will support XSLT 2.0 based filters

Subject: [xsl] OpenOffice 3.X probably will support XSLT 2.0 based filters
From: "Vyacheslav Sedov" <vyacheslav.sedov@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 18:08:00 +0400
Hello,

http://xml.openoffice.org/servlets/ReadMsg?list=dev&msgNo=3203

according to this message OpenOffice 3.X probably will support XSLT
2.0 based input/output filters.

also i hope that this xslt community can help OO team in migration -
it is great opportunity to share and exchange knowledge.

my opinion is - time to join is now. While we develop XSLT - Sun will
develop rest part of OO 3.0 and we can perform our work as parallel
processes.

Also i`ll glad to see your opinion about my suggestion about
acceleration of XML-zing of Office and WWW.

Just some info - Open Office for now have HTML import/export filter
(probably C++ is main part of code) and import only XHTML filter (XSLT
1.0 probably with some deviations). I guess for now both of them far
from perfect state but XSLT have more clear future (especially 2.0).

I suggest to write XSLT 2.0 based filter for valid XHTML 1.0 Strict
import/export. Then drop support for "street" (X)HTML and in case if
input file not conform to XHTML 1.0 Strict just convert it to valid
XHTML 1.0 Strict by using XHTML Tidy tool and use same filter. Output
files will be always valid XHTML 1.0 Strict (surely
MathML&SVG&XForms&etc supported)

With best wishes,
Slav